Pàgines

diumenge, 8 de maig del 2005

About music

Duckworth: Are you always thinking about music?
John Zorn: Always. It's like when I'm in a car riding down the road, I'm always counting the lines and making polyrhythms out of them. Do you know what I'm saying? When I'm walking down the street, my steps become a rhythm. It's just always there. I grew up on TV; there's always been sound with the image. It's like I live in a movie or something. I see an image and I hear music with it. I was brought up that way. I walk down the street and I hear a soundtrack in my head for the movie that I'm in, which is my life. It's kind of sick.
Talking Music (Conversations with American Experimental Composers), de William Duckworth. Schirmer Books. New York, 1995.

Qui no ha seguit algun cop el ritme dels eixugaparabrises? dels llums intermitents? dels ascensors al anar pujant els pisos? dels llums que indiquen una farmàcia? del so dels talons d'aquell, tan decidit? de la pluja quan comença? d'aquests estris per centrifugar l'enciam? de les gotes d'una aixeta mal tancada? del ritme al baixar una escala? al marcar un número de telèfon? al batre un ou per fer una truita? del carret d'anar a comprar al super, entremig de les rajoles amb relleu? o la maleta amb rodes ben plena al tornar de viatge?